There’s no getting around the changing weather in Lincoln, it’s something we all have to adjust for and make changes to accommodate. While it still may not be at the forefront of your mind, the time is getting closer to start using your heating system. This, of course, means that it’s the ideal time to think about annual furnace service as well, but possibly not in the way that you had thought before.
Energy savings comes in many shapes and forms, including:
- Furnace Service. Many homeowners strictly associate furnace service with changing out filters, but having a tune-up completed can help your system run smoother, providing you with efficient comfort that can help you save on your monthly heating expenses.
- Take It Down A Notch. Changing the temperature on your thermostat even a few degrees may help you save consistently throughout the year. It’s pretty evident, but when your system doesn’t have to run as often, you don’t have to pay as much in energy bills.
- Filters. Another simple fix that most every homeowner can take care of on their own, swapping furnace filters every month or two during the heating season helps air pass through more smoothly, making less work for your furnace.
- Defeat Drafts. It’s easy to lose a lot of your heated air to drafty windows and doors, so be sure to take advantage of caulk and weatherstripping to close those annoying holes and keep the warm air indoors to enjoy.
- High Efficiency. When your AW Heating & Air Conditioning expert comes by for your annual furnace service, ask about your current system’s efficiency level and what higher efficiency models are available. Choosing higher efficiency can provide you with the same level of comfort, while helping decrease your monthly energy costs.
Everyone likes to save a few dollars here and there, and by no means is this list complete, but there are a few simple ways to help boost your comfort when the temperatures dip in Lincoln. Whether you’re calling to set up annual furnace service or simply want to know which furnace filter is correct for your system, give the team at AW Heating & Air Conditioning a call at 402-438-7992 to start saving a little more today.