Having regular air conditioning service performed at least once a year can help extend the life of your air conditioner and keep it operating at top efficiency. Before we get to the hottest days of the Lincoln summer, have the professionals at AW Heating & Air Conditioning perform your yearly air conditioning service.
Certain tasks should always be completed during a usual air conditioning service appointment. According to energy.gov, your technician should always:
- Inspect for the proper amount of refrigerant, and if required, test for refrigerant leaks with a leak detector.
- If a refrigerant evacuation is required, recover any refrigerant that must be cleared from the system, as opposed to illegally discharging it to the air.
- Look for proper airflow throughout the system.
- Confirm the correct electric control sequence to guarantee adequate sequence of operation.
- Examine electric terminals, clean and tighten connections.
- Inspect the exactness of the thermostat.
When it comes to DIY air conditioning service, replacing or cleaning your air filters frequently is essential. That’s because nothing else that easy can help make sure that your air conditioner continues to operate at top efficiency. In addition to when the air filter is cleaned or replaced during your routine air conditioning service appointment, you should inspect it regularly. We recommend checking it monthly or according to the manufacturer’s advice. How often it actually demands cleaning or replacement will be dependent on individual factors in your home, like how much dust enters your home and whether or not you have pets.
If it’s time for your annual air conditioner service or if you have questions about air filters or another element of air conditioner maintenance, call AW Heating & Air Conditioning today at 402-438-7992.