During the cold Lincoln months, your furnace is your best friend—except for when it breaks down and becomes your worst enemy. Hopefully, this won’t happen to you, keeping you and your furnace on friendly terms. However, if it happens, a simple call to AW Heating & Air Conditioning will have you back to a warm and cozy home in no time. We’ve got some signs you should look for to help you determine if you’re in need a furnace repair—hopefully before it results in an emergency repair. Call AW Heating & Air Conditioning ASAP if you notice any of these issues:
- You smell gas. Shut down your furnace immediately and shut off its gas supply if you smell gas. Don’t light a match or anything else that produces a flame and leave the lights off until your furnace can be examined by an experienced HVAC professional or your gas company.
- Your home is too chilly. If you’re repeatedly turning up the thermostat, yet you aren’t getting warmer, a furnace repair could be needed. While this could be a indication of a problem with your thermostat, it might also mean your furnace is not the right size for your home.
- Your furnace is noisy. If you hear a change in the sounds coming from your furnace and it’s louder than normal, it’s probably wise to schedule a repair.
- Your utility bill is climbing without increased usage. If you’re running your furnace as you usually do but notice an increase in your energy bill, there are several different problems you could be experiencing. Your qualified technician from AW Heating & Air Conditioning can determine what the problem is.
- Your blower isn’t working correctly. If your blower isn’t running enough or, on the other hand, is running constantly, you could have a problem. It may be a something as small as an air filter problem or something as large as a motor problem. We’ll help you sort it out.
Now that you know how to identify when you need a furnace repair, contact us and we are happy to help. If your furnace is working fine, keep it that way with a preventive maintenance visit. Just call AW Heating & Air Conditioning at 402-438-7992 or book an appointment with us online.