In Lincoln you rely on your furnace
to keep you comfortable throughout the winter. If it’s been a while since you had a regular maintenance appointment for your heat pump
, you could be looking at a furnace repair
visit sooner rather than later. At the very least, you might have a dirty air filter, which can impede air flow and impact your furnace’s efficiency. It could even cause problems with your furnace’s control switch, which runs furnace operation.
There are a few other reasons you may need a furnace repair. We’ve collected some signs for you to search for. The quicker you can call for a heat pump service, the better. Call in an expert, like AW Heating & Air Conditioning, if you note any of these indicators:
- Your blower doesn’t seem to be operating properly. Is it operating enough? Is it running all the time? Is the air blowing through as freely as it should, or does it seem feeble? Symptoms related to your blower could suggest a slight problem with your air filter or the interior blower.
- Your home isn’t getting warm enough. Are you turning up the thermostat again and again, but you’re still cool? This could be a difficulty with your thermostat. It could be that your furnace is too undersized for your home. It may even be a difficulty with your gas source or your pilot light, along with other things.
- Your furnace is loud. If your furnace starts working noisily or producing noises you’re not used to hearing, there could be trouble.
- You smell gas. You definitely don’t want to meddle with this one. If you smell gas, turn off your furnace immediately and shut down its gas supply. Get around lighting matches or switching on lights until your HVAC pro or your gas company checks it.
- You find water pooling around your furnace. Often times this is a clogged condensation line. This could require both plumbing and HVAC professionals to repair.
- Your utility bill keeps growing. If your bill is increasing, but your usage is not, there could be a series of problems. Your HVAC technician will help find out what’s going wrong.
Now that you’ve read these indicators, you’ll know when you need to schedule furnace repair. And we’re here when you need it. Call AW Heating & Air Conditioning at 402-318-5351 when you need to arrange repairs or regular maintenance.