As springtime begins, you may be thinking, is an AC tune-up worth it in Lincoln? Even if your air conditioning equipment is recently purchased or was working well last season.
Here’s one way to contemplate it. You wouldn’t buy a brand-new vehicle and never anticipate to schedule any work for it, such as changing the oil or putting on new tires.
The same is applicable to your air conditioner. It’s a piece of equipment that uses fuel and has moving components. Like a vehicle, it can end up with leaks and its moving pieces can fail.
Having your unit inspected yearly by a AW Heating & Air Conditioning technician can help find minor problems before they become huge breakdowns. (And cause your air conditioning to stop working!)
6 Reasons to Tune Up Your AC in the Spring
- It keeps your equipment clean. Since your air conditioner is located outside your home, it’s more inclined to having a buildup of dirt, leaves and other yard debris, which can negatively affect your system’s efficiency. While you can try our how to clean your AC guide, we recommend calling a specialist to service delicate internal pieces.
- It keeps your equipment efficient. Dirt and yard debris that collect inside your equipment can push it to work harder and lower airflow. Both these problems can cause increased energy needs—and a bigger utility bill!
- It could lengthen your equipment’s life span. A clean AC is an efficient one and could even help it last longer. That’s money that you won’t spend on your monthly electricity bill and in the long-term, as you won’t have to buy new equipment as quickly.
- It helps locate little troubles before they lead to large, pricey issues. During professional AC maintenance, your tech will keenly inspect components and perform a cycle of AC performance verifications. These detailed measures often allow us to locate issues before they turn into extensive issues that cause a pricey repair bill.
- It helps ensure trouble-free operation throughout the summer. After your air conditioner is serviced, you’ll have peace of mind realizing your system is prepped to deliver worry-free air. Even on the warmest days. It’s one of the smartest methods to keep your air conditioner from failing.
- It keeps your warranty going. Most manufacturers call for regular maintenance to keep your warranty valid. Without this service, your system is open to advanced breakdowns and decreased efficiency.
What Does AC Maintenance Entail?
A quality AC maintenance should involve an inspection and maintenance work from a licensed HVAC technician. Here’s some of the services we’ll perform:
We’ll inspect the ensuing spots and pieces:
- Complete equipment state
- Start-up sequence
- Thermostat settings
- Air filter
- Blower parts and airflow
- Electrical connections
- Condenser coil
- Safety controls
- Supply and return temperature
- Refrigerant pressure
- Condensate drains
This is just a part of the jobs we’ll do:
- Replace air filters
- Secure electrical connections
- Check electrical flow
- Lube moving parts
- Unclog condensate drains
- Clean condenser coil
Request Your AC Tune-Up Now with AW Heating & Air Conditioning
This week is the best time to schedule your AC maintenance! Give our AW Heating & Air Conditioning pros a shout at 402-438-7992 or contact us online to book your appointment. Before we come to your residence, make sure to check our discount offers for savings on your approaching tune-up.