With warmer temperatures right around the corner, now is the time to prepare your air conditioner. When your air conditioner
is operating at top efficiency, it can trim a significant amount off your energy costs! Likewise, if your air conditioning unit is in need of service, it could drastically increase your bills and cause needless and life-shortening wear and tear on your system. Having your AW Heating & Air Conditioning professional perform air conditioning service
at least each year is critical to keeping your system working efficiently for a while. He or she can ensure the unit is working as it should be and can identify looming problems in advance of them happening, saving you even more money.
Your expert air conditioning service should include, but is not limited to:
- Replacement of, or cleaning of, air filters
- Cleaning of condensate drain, blower components and condenser coil
- Lubrication of all moving parts and tightening of electrical components
- Performance of cooling cycle assessment
In addition to setting up your professional air conditioning service, there are things you can do now and occasionally throughout the year to ensure your air conditioner is at top performance.
- Uncover your outdoor unit if you had it covered during cooler months. Running your AC with a cover, coil blanket or lid on it may hurt your system and require large repairs or even replacement.
- Pick up the area surrounding your AC. Ensure there are no shrubs, weeds, flowers, etc. growing near your AC unit because they might inhibit airflow through your AC. Also be sure there aren’t piles of leaves or mulch obstructing any piece of it.
Throughout the year:
- While your filters may be cleaned or changed during your expert air conditioning service, it’s important for you to check them every month and change them per the manufacturer’s suggestion. Each home has different needs when it comes to air filter replacement, relying on things like owning house pets or having home construction during the year.
Having your ducts cleaned on a regular basis will also make sure your air conditioner is able to operate efficiently and will help you maintain a comfy home. By following these simple, proactive steps, you’ll be doing everything you can to make sure your air conditioner will be prepared for whatever summer has in store. Give the team at AW Heating & Air Conditioning a call at 402-438-7992.