Call it Murphy’s Law, or maybe just a little bad luck, but we sometimes see heat pump problems in Lincoln during the cooler months, when they’re required to keep you comfortable. While you know the team at AW Heating & Air Conditioning will always be there ASAP when you need us for a heat pump repair, there are some things you can do to ensure a repair is needed and save yourself some cash if it’s not. We’ve compiled this checklist of things to try before you give us a call.
- It may sound strange, but make sure everything is turned “on”. We’ve been to several calls only to realize the thermostat or the heat pump itself is switched off.
If the heat pump still hasn’t switched on, return to your thermostat.
- Is the thermostat switched to heat? If yes, raise the temperature by five degrees to test if it turns on.
- If everything looks correct, test your heat pump switch (if it has one) and test the fuses and circuit breaker that protect the extra heating element (if it has one).
Is a blockage causing your heat pump to fail?
- Try swapping the battery, if it has one.
- Inspect your air filters inside your air handler to ensure they’re not jamming things up.
- Are your room heating registers open and clear?
If you’ve moved through this checklist and you still need a heat pump repair, call AW Heating & Air Conditioning at 402-438-7992 and we’ll return your home back to the warm and cozy place you expect this time of year.